and we tend to hold our bodies in tense, misaligned positions. Here’s what could be happening in your body when you sit or stand with improper alignment:
- Your intestines (viscera) can be compressed into a smaller space and become less efficient.
- Your circulation may be decreased due to reduced blood flow.
- Your chest muscles can tighten inward and cause pain in your neck, shoulder, and back.
- You may have weakened arches in your feet, causing overpronation, which can lead to other issues in your musculoskeletal system.
- Your hip flexors can tighten and cause lower back pain.
- Your neck muscles can tighten and cause pain.
- All of these issues can cause a chain reaction of other events in your body.
- Reduced range of motion
Muscle pain can be relieved by locating and treating trigger points. Trigger points are small knots that form in the myofascial tissue that covers your muscles, and they can cause high levels of pain. Our physiatrists (physicians specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation) will work with you to identify any muscle injuries and start healing your pain.
- Spinal decompression is a noninvasive, effective treatment that allows your spinal discs to heal naturally.
- The damage to your spinal disc heals without surgical intervention, which can cause further trauma and pain and involve huge expenses and long recovery times.
- Rather than removing parts of the spine to create space for the discs to heal, spinal decompression uses a negative intradiscal pressure.
- Our medical professionals have the experience and training to offer you this innovative method of treating back and neck pain.
- Back, neck, and joint pain
- Spine and disc damage
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Soft tissue injuries
Stem Cell Injections
Stem cell therapy for pain relief and better joint functioning has become part of rehabilitation for joint pain, tissue growth, repair, and healing. In the past year, numerous studies have been published about the long list of benefits from stem cell therapy programs. At Back in Action, we’re happy to offer these services in the Florida area.
Medical Weight Loss
Peripheral neuropathy is a condition that develops because of damage to the peripheral nervous system, which is the communication network that transmits information between the brain and spinal cord to every other part of the body.
- Type II Diabetes
- Thyroid Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Weight Gain / Loss
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Acid Reflux / GERD
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- and many more systemic conditions…
Hormone Replacement Therapy
Discover how Back in Action Medical Center delivers comprehensive care to Palm City, Stuart and surrounding communities through our assessment and treatment plan for hormonal imbalance.